Tesla has finally released the official pricing of the new Model 3 in Australia. The configurator is now live which allows anybody to go on and build their own Model 3. Tesla only asks for a $3,000 deposit today which is “fully refundable”.
The Standard Range Plus will begin from $66,000 before on-road costs, and $70,370 driveway. The Performance model, the one that does 0-100kmh in 3.4 seconds, will begin from $85,000 before on-road costs, and $93,579 driveway.
According to Tesla:
The Model 3 configurator is open to reservation holders and the general public. Deliveries will begin in August and will be prioritised based on reservation date, delivery location and configuration options.
To enable Supercharging of Model 3, which will come with a CCS Combo 2 charge port, dual charging cables supporting both CCS Combo 2 and Type 2 charging standards will be installed at Supercharger sites across Australia.
The configurator allows you to alter the exterior, interior and autopilot options. The “Performance Upgrade” comes in at an additional $6,200 and is only available for the Performance model. The upgrade comes handy with:
– 20” Performance Wheels
– Performance Brakes
– Carbon fibre spoiler
– Lowered suspension
– Aluminium alloy pedals
– Increased top speed from 233 km/h to 261 km/h
– Track Mode
The interior of the Performance Model includes:
– 12-way power adjustable front and rear heated seats
– Premium audio – 14 speakers, 1 subwoofer, 2 amps, and immersive sound
– Satellite-view maps with live traffic visualisation and navigation
– In-car internet streaming music & media
– Location aware automatic garage door opener
– LED fog lamps
– Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
– Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
– Music and media over Bluetooth®
– Custom driver profiles
– Centre console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones
The interior of the Standard Range Plus is similar except it is only partial leather and has a weaker sound system.
Autopilot is included, however “Full Self-Driving Capability” comes at an additional $7,100 and includes auto lane change and auto park. It also includes the full self driving computer. Coming later this year, full self driving capability will be able to:
– Recognise and respond to traffic lights and stop signs.
– Automatic driving on city streets.
– Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a car park. Really.
– Navigate on Autopilot: automatic driving from motorway on-ramp to off-ramp including interchanges and overtaking slower cars.
Further information from Tesla:
Model 3, as with other Teslas, will continue to receive over-the-air software updates which add new features and enhance functionality over time. Model 3 now comes with Autopilot included, which under active driver supervision, enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake for other vehicles and pedestrians within its lane. Model 3 Standard Range Plus includes 12-way power adjustable heated front seats, premium seat material and trim, upgraded audio – immersive sound, standard maps & navigation, LED fog lamps, centre console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones.
Customers who order Model 3 Performance receive the Premium Interior package. This includes satellite-view maps with live traffic visualisation and navigation, premium audio- 14 speakers, in-car internet streaming music & media. In addition to the 12-way power adjustable front and rear heated seats, LED fog lamps, centre console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones and location aware automatic garage door opener. All Model 3 vehicles also come standard with auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors, music and media over Bluetooth and custom driver profiles.